To provide scholarship assistance for students who need financial support and has intention of taking education at MKD.
1. The purpose of this scholarship assistance:
- To provide an opportunity of education for students who have difficulties financial.
- To help produce graduates among the less fortunate that can be employed in highly competitive local and international companies.
- To produce graduates that are useful in establishing mutual understanding in the future activities between Japan and Philippines.
A. HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES WITH ACADEMIC HONORS
- Full Scholarship (100 % Free Tuition)- Valedictorian
- Half Scholarship (50% Free Tuition)- Salutatorian
B. ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP (DEANS LISTER)
- 3.75 or better – 100% refund of tuition fee
- 3.50 or better – 75% refund of tuition fee
- 3.25 or better – 50% refund of tuition fee
C. PNJK-IS ALUMNI’S GRANT
D. BOARD OF TRUSTEES/ EMPLOYEE TUTION FEE DISCOUNT
E. DESCENDANTS DISCOUNT
G. MKD SATOGO PROGRAM
F. MKD GRANT IN AID PROGRAM
- MKD KOUENKAI
- MKD AOIKAI
- GRANT IN – AID
H. GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
QUALIFICATIONS ON HOW TO AVAIL THE SATOGO AND GRANT IN- AID PROGRAM
THE SCHOLARSHIP GRANTEES ARE SELECTED ON THE BASIS OF:
- Financial need- His/her family’s annual gross income is below P 200,000.00
- Academic competence
- Experience in the community service
PROCEDURE IN APPLYING:
A.) Applicant for scholarship must fill up and submit application form for the financial assistance to the MKD Scholarship Council Head together with the following:
- Photocopy of High School report card (Average of 85%) on above.
- Photocopy of parent’s latest Income Tax Return (ITR) duly stamped by Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) . (Pls. attach the original)
- Recommendation letter from High School principal
- Recommendation letter from Guidance Counselor
APPLICATION THAT ARE NOT FILLED OUT COMPLETELY OR NOT ACCOMPANIED BY THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
B.) Application shall be screened by MKD President, Dean of College, Administrative officer, and MKD Scholarship Council Committee.
C.) Interview by MKD President, Dean of College, Administrative officer, and MKD Scholarship Council Committee.
D.) Home visit by MKD Scholarship Council Committee.
※ The result will not be released right after passing the following procedure above. Applicant who passed the screening procedure will be forwarded to Japan for final approval.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The Grantee shall enroll in the semester based on the scholarship awarded to him/her and shall carry the full load prescribed by her/his program of study. Shifting of course is strictly prohibited.
- No deferment of enrollment shall be allowed except for valid reasons, such as:
- Poor health of the grantee as certified by the school physician; and
- Grave personal problem of the grantee which may affect the grantee’s studies for the semester.
- For the SATOGO Program: The grantee shall maintain an average of 87-88 (2.5) or its equivalent on above, with no grade lower than 77-78 (1.25) in every semester. If in case the grantee fails to meet the standard grade and cannot attend the community service, he/she will be disqualified as grantee;
- For the GRANT IN AID-Program: The grantee shall maintain an average of 85-86 (2.25) or its equivalent on above, with no grade lower than 77-78 (1.25) in every semester. If in case the grantee fails to meet the standard grade and cannot attend the community service, he/she will be disqualified as grantee;
- The grantee must not incur a grade of INC (Incomplete), FD (Failure Debarred) or P (Poor) in any subject.
- The grantee shall pass JLPT level 5（N5）on the 1st school year and pass level 4 (N4）on the 2nd year and also pass level3 (N3)(IS ONLY) on the 3rd year. If the grantee fail the required JLPT mentioned above, he/she shall pass MKD Nihongo Test (M- JLT) M10 & 9 on the 1st school year and pass M8 & 7 on the 2nd year and pass M6 & 5 on the 3rd year. Grantees are required to take the annual JLPT examination.
- The grantee shall, as much as possible, accept part-time jobs.
- The grantee shall look for employment while still in college and must strive to be employed after graduation.
- The grantee must uphold the vision and mission of MKD and must become a model student, worthy to be emulated.
- The grantee must not initiate, participate, support and adhere to any movements or undertaking aimed to smear the name of MKD or cause any trouble or problem thereto.
- The grantee who lives in a dormitory must obey the Rule of Dormitory.
- The grantee must write a letter in Japanese to their SATO-OYA (foster parent) every last Monday of the month. (The letter must be submitted to the MKD Scholarship Head.
- The grantee must attend meetings every third Wednesday in afternoon of the month at MKD.
- The grantee must not to ask or demand anything for SATO-OYA personally.
- If the scholar cannot abide by the above-mentioned rules, he/she will lose qualifications as scholar.
SCHOLARSHIP IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES
- The terms of support is based on the academic performance of the grantee every semester.
- The SATO-OYA (foster parent) for the grantee’s school expenses, such as enrollment, tuition, miscellaneous fee, books, JLPT Exam and other related expenses. It must be noted that the financial support provided by every scholar’s foster parents may vary.
- If the grantee is selected as a Dean’s Lister, the grantee can get either 100%, 75%, or 50% of his / her tuition fee through the cash back system of MKD depending on the average grade of the student.
(3 copies of each item and present the Original copy for verification)
- Accomplished Application Form with 2*2 photo
- For Incoming Freshmen/ New student
- High School Report Card/ Transcript of Records (TOR)
- Good Moral Character /Honorable Dismissal
- For old Students
- Grades of the last semester attended
- Recommendation letters from your Professor and Program Head
- Parent’s Income Tax Return (ITR) / Certificate of Low Income from your respective barangay. (not more than Php.120, 000.00 Gross Income per year)
- Have taken and pass the college entrance examination.