Educators are equipped with leadership, values, techniques for the advancements in science, development of special people, updated teaching approaches for the commitment of responding to the needs of the times and the sense of value of true service to the less fortunate brethren.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the BEEd and BSEd programs are teachers who:
- Have a deep and principled understanding of a wide range of teaching process (including curriculum development, lesson planning, materials development, educational assessment and teaching approaches) and the role of the teacher in facilitating these processes in their students; (Cognitive/Knowledge)
- Have creativity and innovation in applying alternative teaching approaches while demonstrating basic and higher level literacy, communication, numeracy, critical thinking and learning skills needed for higher learning in diverse types of learning environment; (Psychomotor/Skills)
- Can demonstrate and practice the professional and ethical requirements of the teaching profession as embodied in the National Competency-Based Teacher Standards (NCBTS). (Affective/Values)
Best Features of Practice Teaching
- Employs highly interactive and meaningful activities;
- Promotes higher order thinking skills (HOTS);
- Answer the National Competency-Based Teacher Standards
- Gives opportunities for the student teachers to experience the wonders of practice teaching at its best;
- Reinforces the theories and concepts learned in the classroom;
- Unfolds many possibilities in the teaching-learning process; and
- Gives differentiated activities for student teachers to enjoy.
Dr. Laura V. Cespon
Dean of College / VPAA
MKD desires to provide future teachers a rewarding learning experience and get maximum benefits from their experiential learning courses with the end in view of transferring quality basic education for all Filipino children, which is the country’s ultimate goal.